Experience the most magnificent winter scenery of Oulu on a guided slidiging snowshoe safari
We'll meet at the parking area of Pilpasuo, roughly a 25 minute drive from Oulu city center. At the beginning we'll adjust the snowshoes to fit everyone's footwear, set the walking poles to correct height, and demonstrate how the equipment works. Then we'll start a safari through a forest and onto the beautiful Pilpasuo swamp which we will cross in the wintery scenery and unbroken snow. The safaris take place during daytime but also in the evening darkness with the help of headlamps. With a little luck it is possible to get to experience a starry sky or even northern lights.
The trip doesn't require any previous experience of sliding snowshoes and is suited for all participants with basic fitness. The safari is always executed with high quality gear.
- Price: 39 € / person
- Price includes: Guidance, sliding snowshoes, trekking poles and headlamp
- When: 1.1. - 31.3.
- Group size: 1 - 9 persons
- Meeting: At the Pilpasuo parking area (more detailed instruction via e-mail after placing the order)
- Duration: 2 - 3 hours
- For who: People over 12 years of age
- Laguages: English and Finnish