Available from January 1 to March 31.
The Oulu sea area, located in the Gulf of Bothnia, is absolutely beautiful especially in winter offering spectacular views on both the city and the open sea. It is also a great ice fishing location and has some good spots for catching perch or even whitefish.
On this trip the likelihood of getting to experience the strike of a fish and seeing it emerge from under the ice is very good. Of course fishes aren’t always hungry so a catch cannot be absolutely guaranteed.
The fishing location on this trip is dependent on the time of year, weather and water level. When the trip is booked, our fishing guide informs you about the meeting point situated no further than a 30-minute drive from Oulu city center. On request we’ll arrange a transportation from your accommodation to the starting point.
From the shoreline we’ll proceed to the fishing spots, situated at a maximum of 15-minute walking distance, either on foot or with a snowmobile and a sleigh.
On location everyone gets a chance to drill a hole in ice by themselves, and our fishing guide demonstrates how to attach the bait and how to lure the fish with it.
Even though arranged during winter, there’s no need to get cold or hungry on this trip. Depending on requests there will either be a small heated pop-up -tent (included in price) or a big stove heated tent (extra service) on location for warming up and enjoying snacks and pot coffee.
With a little luck the trip is crowned by some chubby perches and it’s even possible to catch a whitefish.
- Price: 75 € / person
- Price includes: Guidance, heated pop-up-tent, ice fishing rods, lures, baits, ice drill, seats, camp fire on ice, sausages and pot coffee and one sonar fish finder for the whole group.
- Extra services: Rental of winter clothes (25 € / person), transportation from your accommodation and back (20 € / person), snowmobile transportation on frozen sea (250 € / group), big stove heated tent on ice (50 € / tent)
- Season: 01.01. - 31.03.
- Participants: 4 - 10 people
- Starting point: Recommended by our fishing guide, situated at a maximum of 30-minute drive from Oulu city center
- Starting time: 9:00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Languages: English and Finnish