Despite its name Lake Oulujärvi is situated about 1 hour 15 minute drive from Oulu city center. The lake is also known as The Sea of Kainuu because of its great size (about 70 kilometers lengthwise). Oulujärvi is a great fishing location. The pike population of the lake is very strong and it has a lot of zanders and perches as well. After mid-September it's also possible to catch a lake trout.
The trip begins in Vaala but as an additional service a transportation from Oulu can be arranged.
At the marina we’ll hop on a boat and head out to the best fishing spots situated about 20 minutes out in the lake and spend a nice day fishing. The method we use is scandinavian trolling and for that our boat is equipped with high-quality gear. Typically we use 10 rods, big sideliners and if necessary, downrigger equipment. In addition to fishing equipment the boat also has a cabin with an indoor heater, two sonar fish finders, fridge and comfortable seating.
In the middle of the trip we will disembark on an island where we prepare you a light outdoor meal on open fire including sausages and pot coffee in the traditional Finnish way.
The boat features a rudimentary lavatory but if necessary it’s always possible to disembark.
- Price: 660 € / group (from 165 € / person)
- Price includes: Guidance, safe cabin boat with high quality equipment, life vests, firewood, outdoor meal, pot coffee, drinking water
- Season: 01.05. - 30.09.
- Participants: 1 - 4 people
- Starting point: Marina of Saharanta in Vaala, situated about 1 hour 15 minute drive from Oulu city center (More detailed instructions via e-mail when booked)
- Duration: 7 hours
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Languages: English and Finnish